New Metal-Free Dentistry: Goodbye to Old Technology- Highly sophisticated CAD/CAM is here.
We are proud and excited to provide a highly advanced technique and material that surpasses all previous techniques and technologies in form, function, strength and accuracy. CEREC BLUE CAM CAD/CAM dentistry is our most recent advance in our patient care. (Please see High Tech Dentistry section for a more detailed explanation of CEREC CAD/CAM dentistry).
New Metal-Free Technology: Highly Sophisticated CAD/CAM porcelain and composite.
- Three times stronger than any other aesthetic material availible to date
- Natural enamel-like materials mimic your own enamel in appearance and function
- Highly bio-compatible material creating a more comfortable result
- Less grinding required for preparation so more of your natural tooth structure is preserved
- Highly durable, natural looking crowns, inlays, and fillings that look just like your own teeth! No more fake-looking dentistry
- Highly accurate fit and decay resistance
- Supra-gingival margins (above the gum) create healthy gums
- Invisible margins, no more black lines or shadow, therefore undetectable dentistry
Problems with Old Metal Technology (including porcelain fused to metal):
- Ugly black lines at tooth edge, unnatural flat or fake-looking crown
- Adverse metal reactions to gum tissue creating unhealthy, swollen, bleeding, painful gums
- Sub-gingival margins (below the gum) of crowns can create gum irritation and bone recession
- More grinding required which can weaken teeth and cause root canals
- Old silver fillings and amalgams can deform over time, creating a wedge effect and ultimately crack and fracture your teeth.
Black Line Causes
Say goodbye to those ugly black lines and swollen gums. You may have seen black lines at the edge of crowns that look unsightly, as well as crowns that look too opaque and unnatural. There are several reasons why these problems occur, but one of the primary causes is metal under the crown that blocks light from shining through as it should. A dark line can also be caused by the gums reacting to metal in the crown. Many people have adverse reactions to metal, including swollen, bleeding, and painful gums. Often, the swelling is blamed on poor oral hygiene, plaque, or gum disease.
Whatever the cause, these black lines are unsightly and can be unhealthy too. Old technology can also greatly weaken and fracture teeth over time. All of these problems now can be treated by new techniques and materials that utilize biocompatible, strong, highly durable material that mimics you natural tooth enamel.
All-Porcelain and Composite
We use all-porcelain or composite materials for a metal-free, hygienic, biocompatible solution to the problems described above. An added benefit is that these materials often necessitate less grinding than metal and we can therefore preserve more of your natural tooth structure.
All-new porcelain crowns function just like your natural teeth and replace your lost or damaged tooth enamel. They reflect and absorb light just as your natural teeth do, so there are no black lines and no artificial appearance as occurred with older materials.